The Junior League of Champaign-Urbana is getting ready to kick off its annual Advocacy Training and Personal Development Conference (also known as Training Boot Camp) on January 28, 2017, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Champaign Public Library. The women’s conference is aimed at improving mind, body and community advocacy efforts. Tickets are available online for $20 to the general public and $15 for JLCU members.
Women attending will be able to attend three training sessions of their choice. Topics will range from community advocacy, voting and social justice to image consulting and nutrition and wellness. Attendees also will be provided with lunch and with resource packets from community organizations.
Presenters at the 2017 conference include:
- Allen Creamean, Director of Assessment and Referral at The Pavilion Behavioral Health System
- Cynthia Bruno, former WCIA News Anchor and co-founder of Girls Go For It
- League of Women Voters of Champaign County
- Melanie Pridemore, Owner and Certified Health, Fitness and Wellness Coach of 6 Dimensions Wellness
- Patricia Avery, President NAACP of Champaign County
- Rape Advocacy Counseling and Education Services
- Sally Carter, Executive Director and Founder of Tap In Leadership Academy.
“Junior League’s Personal Development Women’s Conference (JLCU Training Boot Camp) provides up close and personal interaction with local organizations that focus on improving the Champaign-Urbana community and giving women the additional tools and training to become involved,” said Lonndon Blake, JLCU’s Public Affairs and Advocacy Chair. “Women will gain additional knowledge from community leaders as well as being provided with networking opportunities at the Training Boot Camp.”